Join chef Jeff at the Inn on Randolph gluten free kitchen for a comprehensive day of bread and pizza making. This is the only gluten free bread class that you will ever need. A six hour hands on class that will give you all the necessary tools to empower you to go home and bake your own fresh bread and pizza. You will be learning a variety of baking techniques that will insure that you are proficient with oven applications as well as the bread machine. These are Jeff’s very own recipes developed for our climate and altitude. We will be making a lot of bread and pizza and all of it will be divided up and taken home by the students.
The day will start with a one hour lecture on GF flours and measuring techniques. Chef Jeff will also discuss gluten free mixes that you can purchase in addition to giving you his two recipes for all-purpose flour. We will be baking the following breads:
1. Gluten free brioche in the oven
2. Gluten free rustic rye bread in the bread machine
3. Gluten free whole grain bread baked as dinner rolls and hamburger buns.
4. Gluten free sourdough baked in the oven in a dutch oven (I will also send you home with your very own sourdough starter - Bring a cooler to insure that it gets home safely).
5. Gluten free french bread baguette in the oven
6. Gluten free Everyday Bread - The easiest and fastest. A quick bread that does not require yeast.
7. Gluten free hamburger buns
8. Gluten free dinner rolls
9. Gluten free pizza - Jeff will be teaching a bake ahead and freeze technique. You will be able to have a weeknight pizza dinner in 15 minutes.
10. Jeff’s very own recipe for non-dairy mozzarella “cheese”. Made at home.
11. Gluten free focaccia. Great for sandwiches!
12. The famous gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe
All the recipes can be made egg free, dairy free, nut free, corn free and soy free.
After the class we will all go to Napa’s Oxbow Market for dinner. The Oxbow Market has two gluten free restaurants. http://www.oxbowpublicmarket.com
And you’ll enjoy a chocolate chip cookie fresh from the oven when we return from dinner.
The next morning you will be treated to a special breakfast menu overseen by chef Jeff, and we will have a one hour question and answer session in the Neiman room before we part ways.
Class Cost: $250
Room Cost: Varies depending on the room - please call the Inn for more information
If you have any questions please email Jeff at firstname.lastname@example.org. www.jeffreylarsen.com
Please call the Inn on Randolph to reserve your class space and room: (707) 257-2886