Who doesn't want to come home to freshly baked chocolate chip cookies?
Our guests get just that when they return to the Inn with our homemade and delicious cookies awaiting them in dining room. Someone recently asked us how many cookies we bake each week. Well, the answer to that varies, but the moral is the same: our cookies are a popular item around here!
Our chef worked hard to create the perfect cookie that is both gluten free and fantastic. A lovely guest brought it to our attention that we forgot to include the flour blend in our cookbook (oops!), so we thought we would share the recipe here for all to see! Enjoy!
Inn on Randolph Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Yields 3 dozen
3 Sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
2 1/4 cups Brown sugar
1 Egg, large
2 tsp Vanilla extract
2 tsp Baking soda
2 3/4 cups Inn On Randolph’s Flour blend (see below)
12 oz Chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. n a mixing bowl, combine butter and brown sugar until smooth.
3. Add egg and vanilla, mix until fully combined.
4. In a separate bowl, mix flour and baking soda.
5. Add flour mix to the sugar mixture, mix until almost combined, add chocolate chips and finish mixing to incorporate.
6. Use a 1 oz scoop or large spoon to scoop out the cookies onto a parchment lined sheet tray or silpat sheet tray, space 2-3 inches.
7. Bake 10-12 minutes until desired doneness.
Inn on Randolph Flour Blend
6 Cups or 670 grams Sorghum Flour
3 Cups or 403 grams Cornstarch
2 Cups or 327 grams Potato Flour
3 Cups or 469 grams Potato Starch
2 Cups or 226 grams Tapioca Flour