Gluten Free Lemon Bars
The gorgeous Mediterranean climate of the Napa Valley provides us with perfect weather to grow a lot of our produce. Each season, our lemon tree can be depended upon to produce the most delicious Meyer lemons. We often use the juice of the lemons in our famous lemon ricotta pancakes, (recipe found in our cookbook!), but we decided to give lemon bars a shot this time around. There’s nothing quite like having a fresh and colorful lemon bar on a rainy day (or any other day)!
Be sure to share your lemon bars with us on FB and IG or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would LOVE to hear from you!
Inn on Randolph GF Lemon Bars
Shortbread Cookie Crust
2 cups all purpose GF flour
1 tsp xantham gum (omit if flour mix contains it)
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup softened butter
Lemon Curd Filling
6 tbsp lemon juice (add the zest!)
1/4 cup GF flour mix (sifted)
1 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper
- To form a shortbread crust, cream the butter and sugar together, and then add the flour mixture until all comes together and a ball is formed.
- Press mixture into pan and bake for 20 minutes, until golden.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients and pour lemon curd onto shortbread cookie crust.
- Bake another 20 minutes, or until lemon curd looks set.
- Cool completely (very important!), and refrigerate until cold.
- Cut into bite-sized squares, sprinkle with a little powdered sugar, and enjoy!